Manya Basti Therapy
MANYA BASTI TREATMENT NECK PAIN
What is Manya Basti?
Manya Basti Effective Treatment Neck Pain means neck and Basti is the treatment in which the oil is made to be worn. So the treatment in which the oil is made to be worn on the cervical or the neck region is called Manyabasti.
What are the Benefits?
1. It is useful in cervical spondylosis.
2. It is useful in cervical pain.
3. It is beneficial in the numbness of the neck region and tingling sensation and numbness of hands.
What is the Therapeutic Procedure?
- Poorvakarma (Pre-Procedure) of Basti:The thorough examination of the patient is done before administration of basti. Examination gives the idea of what kind of oil or decoction should be used for the basti, and also to decide the proportion of the medicine to be used. Once the patient is mentally and physically fit to take basti he is given snehan and swedan. Swedan should be given mainly on the lower abdomen and waist.
- Pradankarma (Main Procedure) of BastiAfter completion of snehan and swedan, the patient is advised to sleep in left lateral position with left leg extended and right leg flexed close to the abdomen. The head of the patient should rest on his left hand. After giving the proper position the oil is applied to the anus of the patient. Then the catheter which is on a syringe or enema pot is slowly pushed in the rectum. Then the decoction or oil is slowly allowed to pass in the large intestine.
3. Post Procedure of BastiOnce the basti is out of the patient’s body he is advised to rest for a while and then given a bath with warm water. Following the bath, he is given a light diet. Till the patient is on basti regimen the patient should not sleep in the daytime, not to talk loudly, abstain from sex, avoid drinking cold water, and taking bath in cold water, avoid getting exposed to the hot sun or and cold wind. All these restrictions should be followed double the number of days for which the basti is administered.